One-legged crow pose is also sometimes called half crow pose or one-legged crane pose. When a distinction is made, the crow pose variations are performed with bent arms, while the crane versions are with straight arms.
One-legged crow requires strength and balance. Warm ups such as crow pose and core strengtheners are recommended.
The benefits of this pose include:
- Stabilizes the nervous system
- Creates a sense of grounding
- Builds balance and coordination
- Strengthens the arms, wrists, back and abdominal muscles
- Opens and stretches the groin
- Encourages introspection and mindfulness
- Boosts self-confidence
To ease into the pose, a booster such as yoga blocks can be used under the feet.