Yoga

Woman hands in mudra like in the palm of hands, at sunset on the lake in nature Woman hands in mudra like in the palm of hands, at sunset on the lake in nature Woman hands in mudra like in the palm of hands, at sunset on the lake in nature Woman hands in mudra like in the palm of hands, at sunset on the lake in nature

Kriyas are most often associated with kundalini energy and offering a multitude of health benefits, but should be approached with care and...

Woman doing yoga childs pose Woman doing yoga childs pose Woman doing yoga childs pose Woman doing yoga childs pose

Learn about the philosophy behind Yin yoga and how it connects the organs, meridians, and emotions to specific postures healing and...

Sweet Dreams: Your Essential Evening Yoga Routine Sweet Dreams: Your Essential Evening Yoga Routine Sweet Dreams: Your Essential Evening Yoga Routine Sweet Dreams: Your Essential Evening Yoga Routine

There’s no better way to wind down at the end of the day than with a few gentle yoga poses. Here’s an all-levels sequence designed to help...

The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Astrud Castillo The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Astrud Castillo The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Astrud Castillo The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Astrud Castillo

In this episode we talk with Astrud Castillo about the heritage of Bhakti yoga and the power of mantra. Listen in as we discuss why...

An Introduction to Kriya Yoga An Introduction to Kriya Yoga An Introduction to Kriya Yoga An Introduction to Kriya Yoga

Kriya yoga is a powerful, effective and expedient method of practice for those who take to it. The goal — liberation — is the same as other...

The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Tiffany Cruikshank The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Tiffany Cruikshank The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Tiffany Cruikshank The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Tiffany Cruikshank

In this episode, we talk with Tiffany Cruikshank about what inspired her to start Yoga Medicine, how Traditional Chinese Medicine and yoga...

How Online Yoga Can Change the World How Online Yoga Can Change the World How Online Yoga Can Change the World How Online Yoga Can Change the World

The pandemic has caused an online yoga revolution. Find out how you can practice yoga online and stay connected to your community during...

Why a Yoga Retreat at a Traditional Ashram Wasn't Right for Me Why a Yoga Retreat at a Traditional Ashram Wasn't Right for Me Why a Yoga Retreat at a Traditional Ashram Wasn't Right for Me Why a Yoga Retreat at a Traditional Ashram Wasn't Right for Me

I realized that traditional centers are for those seeking a radical and permanent change in life, and that wasn't my case. I looked for...

Celebrate Earth Day by Doing Nature Yoga Celebrate Earth Day by Doing Nature Yoga Celebrate Earth Day by Doing Nature Yoga Celebrate Earth Day by Doing Nature Yoga

Using nature and all our senses as a means of tapping into the beauty of our innate connection with one another and the planet, Bill’s...

The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Chase Bossart The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Chase Bossart The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Chase Bossart The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Chase Bossart

In this episode, we talk with Bossart about how yoga influences our physical bodies and what the true meaning of yoga really is.

Rise and Shine: Your Essential Morning Yoga Routine Rise and Shine: Your Essential Morning Yoga Routine Rise and Shine: Your Essential Morning Yoga Routine Rise and Shine: Your Essential Morning Yoga Routine

Awaken your body and breath with this energizing series of poses designed to start your day off right.

Yoga for Anxiety and Depression: 5 Effective Poses That Can Help Curb the Negativity Yoga for Anxiety and Depression: 5 Effective Poses That Can Help Curb the Negativity Yoga for Anxiety and Depression: 5 Effective Poses That Can Help Curb the Negativity Yoga for Anxiety and Depression: 5 Effective Poses That Can Help Curb the Negativity

Anxiety and Depression effect millions of adults across the world. Try these 5 essential poses to help combat the mental negativity and...

The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Jillian Pransky The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Jillian Pransky The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Jillian Pransky The Yogapedia Podcast Featuring Jillian Pransky

Season Three of The Yogapedia Podcast kicks off with this insightful interview with Jillian Pransky on how we can promote conscious...

Three Yoga Asanas to Welcome New Light Three Yoga Asanas to Welcome New Light Three Yoga Asanas to Welcome New Light Three Yoga Asanas to Welcome New Light

If the pandemic is extending the darkness for you, and causing stress, anxiety or grief, it’s more important than ever to welcome new light...

Coming April 1st: The Yogapedia Podcast Season 3 Coming April 1st: The Yogapedia Podcast Season 3 Coming April 1st: The Yogapedia Podcast Season 3 Coming April 1st: The Yogapedia Podcast Season 3

The Yogapedia Podcast is coming back for Season Three! Here's a look at the amazing guests and experts we have lined up for this season.

A Vinyasa Sequence for Beginners A Vinyasa Sequence for Beginners A Vinyasa Sequence for Beginners A Vinyasa Sequence for Beginners

Want to try a Vinyasa yoga class but aren't sure where to start? Try this easy beginner sequence.

The Mysore Experience: The Heart of Ashtanga Yoga The Mysore Experience: The Heart of Ashtanga Yoga The Mysore Experience: The Heart of Ashtanga Yoga The Mysore Experience: The Heart of Ashtanga Yoga

When I finally decided it was time to deepen my practice and understanding of Ashtanga vinyasa yoga, I signed up for a 300-hour yoga...

Why We Do Cat-Cow Pose Why We Do Cat-Cow Pose Why We Do Cat-Cow Pose Why We Do Cat-Cow Pose

This simple sequence, performed on all fours, is an integral point of many yoga warm up sequences. Here's why.

Yoga and the Sanskrit Connection Yoga and the Sanskrit Connection Yoga and the Sanskrit Connection Yoga and the Sanskrit Connection

Sanskrit can enhance your practice on and off the mat. Here's a look at the history and benefits of pairing your yoga practice and daily...