Asana Tips

Spring Detox With Yoga and Meditation Spring Detox With Yoga and Meditation Spring Detox With Yoga and Meditation Spring Detox With Yoga and Meditation

Spring is the perfect time to for a mental and physical detox. Learn how to use a combination of yoga asanas, diet and meditation to purify...

A Vinyasa Sequence for Beginners A Vinyasa Sequence for Beginners A Vinyasa Sequence for Beginners A Vinyasa Sequence for Beginners

Want to try a Vinyasa yoga class but aren't sure where to start? Try this easy beginner sequence

20 Minutes of Yin Yoga 20 Minutes of Yin Yoga 20 Minutes of Yin Yoga 20 Minutes of Yin Yoga

Practicing Yin yoga can be done in as little as 20 minutes. Explore this quick, yet effective, restorative Yin yoga sequence for a renewed...

8 Benefits of Daily Surya Namaskara 8 Benefits of Daily Surya Namaskara 8 Benefits of Daily Surya Namaskara 8 Benefits of Daily Surya Namaskara

Why do yogis salute the sun every morning? Learn about these 8 health benefits associated with practicing surya namaskara on a daily basis,...

6 Ways to Start a Yoga Practice at Home 6 Ways to Start a Yoga Practice at Home 6 Ways to Start a Yoga Practice at Home 6 Ways to Start a Yoga Practice at Home

Use these six home practice suggestions to get you motivated and inspired to start your own. Remember, a home practice can go far beyond...

How Do I Prepare For My First Yoga Class? How Do I Prepare For My First Yoga Class? How Do I Prepare For My First Yoga Class? How Do I Prepare For My First Yoga Class?

Your first yoga class may be intimidating, however, by getting familiar with what to expect, you'll be ready to take on your very first...

How to Hold Proper Chaturanga Alignment How to Hold Proper Chaturanga Alignment How to Hold Proper Chaturanga Alignment How to Hold Proper Chaturanga Alignment

Proper alignment is crucial to preventing injury in yoga and even more so when practicing chaturanga dandasana. Learn about common...

How to Stay Hydrated Before and After Yoga How to Stay Hydrated Before and After Yoga How to Stay Hydrated Before and After Yoga How to Stay Hydrated Before and After Yoga

Staying hydrated is essential to our health on and off our yoga mat. Learn what to drink before, during and after yoga class to keep your...

The 9 Drishti of Yoga The 9 Drishti of Yoga The 9 Drishti of Yoga The 9 Drishti of Yoga

By incorporating our drishti into our yoga practice, we gain greater balance, focus and stability, both in the physical practice of asana...

7 Ways to Prevent Wrist Injury in Yoga 7 Ways to Prevent Wrist Injury in Yoga 7 Ways to Prevent Wrist Injury in Yoga 7 Ways to Prevent Wrist Injury in Yoga

An ounce of preparation is worth a pound of cure. Keeping your wrists, happy, healthy and strong is key to avoiding injury. Learn seven...

10 Benefits of Inversions 10 Benefits of Inversions 10 Benefits of Inversions 10 Benefits of Inversions

Raising your heart over your head is the key to the many benefits inversions have to offer. When you're upside down, your heart gets a...

3 Drishti Every Beginner Should Know 3 Drishti Every Beginner Should Know 3 Drishti Every Beginner Should Know 3 Drishti Every Beginner Should Know

Learn how to use three yogic drishti, or visual focal points, to improve your focus and concentration during asana and meditation practice

How to Safely Practice Headstand How to Safely Practice Headstand How to Safely Practice Headstand How to Safely Practice Headstand

Headstand is known as the king of all yoga poses for the many benefits it brings. However, practicing a headstand safely is the key to...

Using Your Drishti to Improve Focus Using Your Drishti to Improve Focus Using Your Drishti to Improve Focus Using Your Drishti to Improve Focus

Drishti is a single-pointed gaze used in yoga asana practice to increase concentration and awareness. Learn how cultivating this gaze can...

Yoga for Your Travels Yoga for Your Travels Yoga for Your Travels Yoga for Your Travels

How do we bring our yoga practice with us when we travel? Learn some tips and tricks to taking yoga on the road, even if you forgot your...

End Your Practice (and Your Week) in Savasana End Your Practice (and Your Week) in Savasana End Your Practice (and Your Week) in Savasana End Your Practice (and Your Week) in Savasana

Savasana is a restorative asana that is commonly enjoyed as the final posture in a yoga class. Learn the many rejuvenating benefits this...

The Power of Vinyasa The Power of Vinyasa The Power of Vinyasa The Power of Vinyasa

Vinyasa yoga is a type of practice where the emphasis is placed on the flowing movements between asanas. Learn how this practice can teach...

My Greatest Lesson From the Mat My Greatest Lesson From the Mat My Greatest Lesson From the Mat My Greatest Lesson From the Mat

The lessons we learn from our yoga practice are powerful ones that can change the way we perceive our lives and the challenges we face....

12 Popular Yoga Styles 12 Popular Yoga Styles 12 Popular Yoga Styles 12 Popular Yoga Styles

There are many styles of yoga available to the modern-day yogi. Which one is right for you? Learn about 12 of the most popular yoga styles,...