Yogoda Satsanga Society of India (YSS)
Definition - What does Yogoda Satsanga Society of India (YSS) mean?
Yogoda Satsanga Society of India was founded in 1917 by Paramahansa Yogananda, the great spiritual leader from India who spread the message of yoga in the West. Coined by Yogananda, the society's name is derived from Sanskrit with yogoda derived from the root words, yoga, meaning "union," and da, meaning "that which imparts." Satsanga is derived from the root words, sat, meaning "truth," and sanga, meaning "fellowship."
Yogoda Satsanga Society is called Self-Realization Fellowship in countries outside the subcontinent of India. The headquarters of the society is on the banks of the sacred Ganges river.
Yogapedia explains Yogoda Satsanga Society of India (YSS)
Yogoda Satsanga Society's membership is open to all, as the founder's aim was to make available the teachings of Kriya yoga to the whole world. After one applies for membership, the society sends Self-Realization Fellowship Lessons to the member to study at home. The lessons, which contain the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda, are sent for up to three years. Apart from containing the techniques of Kriya yoga, meditation and concentration, the lessons also offer guidance on how to lead a life filled with joy.
The mission of Yogoda Satsanga Society includes:
- Help the world discover God using scientific methods of the Kriya yoga technique
- Teach that evolution is the purpose of life and make people understand it by transitioning from moral consciousness to God consciousness
- Establish all religions are one, and original yoga and original Christianity are one
- Liberate man from his sufferings
- Aid man in achieving superiority of mind over body
- Spread the importance of plain living and high thinking
- Serve mankind as one's larger Self
Yogoda Satsanga Society conducts special events year round. Such events include weekend retreats, meditation classes and inspirational programs.
During These Times of Stress and Uncertainty Your Chakras May Be Blocked.
To help you bring attention to your chakras and to identify which of your chakras are causing you issues, we created the following quiz.
Try not to stress over every question, but simply answer based off your intuition. After all, you know yourself better than anyone else.