Divine Life Society
Definition - What does Divine Life Society mean?
Divine Life Society is the name of an ashram and spiritual organization that was founded by Swami Sivananda Saraswati in 1936. Its origins and headquarters are on the banks of the Ganges in Rishikesh, India, but it is now an international organization with branches all over the world.
The stated aims of the Divine Life Society are to revive spirituality in the world through sharing the teachings of yoga and Vedanta. It publishes books and magazines, as well as holding conferences, trainings and education programs. Through its teachings, the traditional and cultural practices of India are also preserved and shared.
Yogapedia explains Divine Life Society
The Divine Life Society is a values-led organization that works toward “purity, integrity, nobility and magnanimity.” It aims to be inclusive of all people, regardless of their status, ethnicity or nationality, and provides a range of options to support all, regardless of their needs. It believes that all are capable of unfolding their inner Divinity and revealing their spiritual potential.
The various departments of the Divine Life Society include:
- Sivananda Ashram as the organization headquarters
- Yoga-Vedanta Forest Academy, which provides yoga training
- Yoga-Vedanta Forest Academy Press, which prints spiritual books, journals and literature
- Sivananda Publication League, which publishes the literature
- The Free Literature Section who distribute books and other literature freely to spiritual seekers worldwide
- Sivananda Charitable Hospital, which provides free medical treatment to the public and organizes periodical medical relief camps when necessary
- Sivananda Home, which provides food, clothing and medical support for those in need
During These Times of Stress and Uncertainty Your Doshas May Be Unbalanced.
To help you bring attention to your doshas and to identify what your predominant dosha is, we created the following quiz.
Try not to stress over every question, but simply answer based off your intuition. After all, you know yourself better than anyone else.