Kundalini shakti is present in every human being but is dormant in most. Also referred to as the "supreme power" and "basic force," the shakti finds mention in many sacred texts of Hinduism.
Kundalini shakti is the feminine power that lies coiled at the base of the spine. On awakening, it travels up the spine to the sahasrara to unite with Lord Shiva, the masculine power. Though it is mentioned as such in the sacred texts of Hinduism, kundalini is not just associated with a particular religion. Mentioned by various beliefs in different names and using different symbols, it is the supreme power that guides one on his/her chosen path.
The additional benefits of kundalini power awakening include:
- Boosts performance of chakras and balances them
- Connects with universal Consciousness
- Increases sense of perception
- Promotes psychic abilities
- Enhances spiritual experiences
- Improves intelligence
- Promotes sense of calm
- Boosts cardiovascular and respiratory function
Kundalini shakti may be awakened by the following methods:
- Practicing asanas
- Regular practice of pranayama
- Performing mudras
- A guru's grace