Reverse crescent lunge twist on the knee primarily lengthens the spine through the extension of the posture. The fact that the knee is down keeps it relatively accessible and simple. Additional benefits of reverse crescent lunge twist on the knee include:
- Stabilizes the front and back of the body
- Strengthens the thighs and lower body
- Stretches the calves, ankles and hip flexors
- Opens the shoulders, chest and psoas
- Encourages flexible strength
To modify the pose, cushioning can be placed under the knee to ease the pressure. It can also be practiced keeping the gaze forward or down if taking it up is uncomfortable for the neck.