Revolved crescent lunge on the knee primarily releases the spine through the extension and twist of the posture. Additional benefits of revolved crescent lunge on the knee include:
- Stabilizes the front and back of the body
- Strengthens the thighs and lower body
- Stretches the calves, ankles and hip flexors
- Opens the shoulders, chest and psoas
- Encourages flexible strength
To modify the pose, cushioning may be placed under the knee to ease the pressure here. It can also be practiced keeping the gaze forward or to the side if turning to the back is uncomfortable for the neck.