Goofy Goofy Foot to Foot Pose
Definition - What does Goofy Goofy Foot to Foot Pose mean?
Goofy Goofy Foot to Foot is a posture found in AcroYoga, a style in which traditional Hatha or Vinyasa Flow are combined with acrobatics. A key feature of AcroYoga is that it is practiced by two people together. Goofy Goofy Foot to Foot is an intermediate level L-base pose, in which one person provides the base (in contact with the ground) and the other person is a flyer (lifter off the ground by the base).
Yogapedia explains Goofy Goofy Foot to Foot Pose
To practice Goofy Goofy Foot to Foot, follow these steps with a partner:
- Begin with base lying down, knees bent and feet away from the floor.
- Flyer: stand facing base's feet. Base: place feet on flyer's shins.
- Flyer: hold base's knees and begin to lean weight forward. Base: draw knees towards chest to lift flyer from the ground, and begin to straighten legs towards the sky.
- Flyer: take hands away from base's knees and lift torso until shoulders are stacked above hips.
- Both hold hands with arms straight (base may need to bend knees to achieve this).
- Flyer: one foot at a time, bring soles of feet together with base's feet and come into a squat position. Base: release flyer's hands and straighten legs.
- Flyer: Press into feet to stand up.
- Flyer: Lift right foot away from base's foot and cross right leg behind left leg. Base: Cross left leg in front of right leg and bring left foot to meet flyer's right foot.
The above steps can then be repeated on the other side. Goofy Goofy Foot to Foot requires a great deal of balance, core strength and lower body strength from both base and flyer, and so both practitioners must take care to sufficiently warm up the body prior to practicing this pose.
During These Times of Stress and Uncertainty Your Chakras May Be Blocked.
To help you bring attention to your chakras and to identify which of your chakras are causing you issues, we created the following quiz.
Try not to stress over every question, but simply answer based off your intuition. After all, you know yourself better than anyone else.