Sanskrit

Baba Nam Kevalam Mantra Baba Nam Kevalam Mantra Baba Nam Kevalam Mantra Baba Nam Kevalam Mantra

Discover the secret meaning of Baba Nam Kevalam and how chanting this mantra will surround you in love

The Benefits of Ayurvedic Oil Pulling The Benefits of Ayurvedic Oil Pulling The Benefits of Ayurvedic Oil Pulling The Benefits of Ayurvedic Oil Pulling

Oil pulling is a natural way to ensure a healthy and happy smile. It has the added benefit of whitening your teeth and detoxing your blood....

The Sacred Meaning of Mantras The Sacred Meaning of Mantras The Sacred Meaning of Mantras The Sacred Meaning of Mantras

What are mantras and how are they used? Learn five of the most powerful mantras, their meaning and how they can deepen your yoga practice

The Meaning of Om Mani Padme Hum The Meaning of Om Mani Padme Hum The Meaning of Om Mani Padme Hum The Meaning of Om Mani Padme Hum

Buddhism's most popular mantra is Om Mani Padme Hum. The reason lies in the profound blessings it brings. Learn the power behind this...

Choosing the Best Translation of the Bhagavad Gita Choosing the Best Translation of the Bhagavad Gita Choosing the Best Translation of the Bhagavad Gita Choosing the Best Translation of the Bhagavad Gita

The Bhagavad Gita is a must-read for all yogis, but with so many translations out there, which version should you read? Yogapedia has...

The Best of the Mudras The Best of the Mudras The Best of the Mudras The Best of the Mudras

Mudras are gestures of the hands that help channel energy for various physical and spiritual benefits. Here's a list of some of the most...

Higher Consciousness Through Vibration and Meditation Higher Consciousness Through Vibration and Meditation Higher Consciousness Through Vibration and Meditation Higher Consciousness Through Vibration and Meditation

Many spiritual traditions, including yoga, teach us that it’s the lure of duality that keeps us residing in lower states of consciousness....

Om Namah Shivaya Mantra Om Namah Shivaya Mantra Om Namah Shivaya Mantra Om Namah Shivaya Mantra

Om Namah Shivayah honors the power of Lord Shiva. Discover the power of this ancient mantra and chant it to evoke your own inner divinity

What's My Mantra? What's My Mantra? What's My Mantra? What's My Mantra?

There are many powerful mantras used in meditation. Learn five of our favorites and how they can bring you greater peace, awareness and...

A Guide to Hinduism's Leading Goddesses A Guide to Hinduism's Leading Goddesses A Guide to Hinduism's Leading Goddesses A Guide to Hinduism's Leading Goddesses

How do you choose which Hindu goddess to worship? Review our guide here to some of the most popular Hindu goddesses and decide who...

The History of Hatha Yoga The History of Hatha Yoga The History of Hatha Yoga The History of Hatha Yoga

Hatha yoga has been around for up to 10,000 years - passed down from word of mouth and then ancient texts. Learn more about this once...

Why We Say Namaste Why We Say Namaste Why We Say Namaste Why We Say Namaste

Namaste is a popular greeting in Eastern cultures and is gaining traction in the West with the spread of yoga. Learn the translations of...

What Is Japa Mantra? What Is Japa Mantra? What Is Japa Mantra? What Is Japa Mantra?

Japa mantra is a type of mantra practice that helps to calm the mind, protecting it from recurring negative thoughts. Learn how to perform...

Yogapedia's Interpretation of the Bhagavad Gita Yogapedia's Interpretation of the Bhagavad Gita Yogapedia's Interpretation of the Bhagavad Gita Yogapedia's Interpretation of the Bhagavad Gita

What is the Bhagavad Gita really about and why is it so important to yoga? Read more here to find out why 'the Gita' is such a classic

The Message of the Upanishads The Message of the Upanishads The Message of the Upanishads The Message of the Upanishads

The Upanishads are an ancient Hindu body of text used in yogic philosophy, among other topics. It's possibly the first offering for mankind...

Who Am I? Who Am I? Who Am I? Who Am I?

Do you ever get the feeling that you are more than the roles you play in life, more than your career, your education? That's because you...

Conscious Breathing Will Boost Your Yoga Practice Conscious Breathing Will Boost Your Yoga Practice Conscious Breathing Will Boost Your Yoga Practice Conscious Breathing Will Boost Your Yoga Practice

In a single day, we take up to 30,000 breaths. It happens naturally so we aren't usually aware of it. Conscious breathing connects us to...

Performing Puja: A 'How-To' on Creating Your Own Spiritual Ritual Performing Puja: A 'How-To' on Creating Your Own Spiritual Ritual Performing Puja: A 'How-To' on Creating Your Own Spiritual Ritual Performing Puja: A 'How-To' on Creating Your Own Spiritual Ritual

Puja is a devotional act, a prayer, or a spiritual ritual that seeks union with the Divine. Learn its history and elements in order to...