Self

Mother Nature Mother Nature Mother Nature Mother Nature

Take a look at how understanding the qualities of each of nature’s elements — earth, water, fire and air — can help us create more balance...

How Practicing Yoga With an Injury Has Made Me a Better Teacher How Practicing Yoga With an Injury Has Made Me a Better Teacher How Practicing Yoga With an Injury Has Made Me a Better Teacher How Practicing Yoga With an Injury Has Made Me a Better Teacher

Being a yoga teacher with an injury can be difficult, but there is a way to learn a lot from it. Here are five lessons that I've come to...

Chakras Chakras Chakras Chakras

Explore how imbalance in each chakra can manifest in the physical and astral bodies so that you can begin healing.

Anger Anger Anger Anger

From a yogic perspective, anger arises as a result of attachment to unfulfilled desires. Here's how to be more present with anger and...

Discipline Discipline Discipline Discipline

There’s an innate essence in yoga that somehow drives yogis to embrace it as a self-discipline, day after day. Here's how this discipline...

Aversion Aversion Aversion Aversion

We've all been asked to do something we don't like. In these moments, we experience the feeling of aversion, or dvesha. Cultivating...

A Tale of Unexpectedly Unplugging, Freaking Out and, Finally, Reconnecting With My Inner Wisdom A Tale of Unexpectedly Unplugging, Freaking Out and, Finally, Reconnecting With My Inner Wisdom A Tale of Unexpectedly Unplugging, Freaking Out and, Finally, Reconnecting With My Inner Wisdom A Tale of Unexpectedly Unplugging, Freaking Out and, Finally, Reconnecting With My Inner Wisdom

For the modern yogi, unplugging from technology can be a challenge. Find out how one of Yogapedia's editors managed to do it and live to...

Spiritual Growth Spiritual Growth Spiritual Growth Spiritual Growth

Growing on the spiritual path can sometimes be a messy (or muddy) endeavor, but here are insights and practices to help you keep the faith...

Acceptance Acceptance Acceptance Acceptance

No one enjoys feeling discomfort, but you always have the choice to turn it into an opportunity for growth by following these three steps.

Nourishment Nourishment Nourishment Nourishment

To help make the most out of your summer, here are four of the best places to look for soul nourishment — the kind that’s sustainable, fun...

Reiki Reiki Reiki Reiki

An energy healing practice that aims to clear energy blocks in the body, learn how Reiki can be a wonderful supplement to every yogi’s...

The Freedom in Letting Go The Freedom in Letting Go The Freedom in Letting Go The Freedom in Letting Go

Letting go can be a challenge, especially if what we are trying to let go of is painful. Learn about the benefits of surrender and finding...

Contemplation Contemplation Contemplation Contemplation

Explore curiosity, questioning and contemplation. And get practical advice on how to connect with your innate inquisitiveness.

Feelings Feelings Feelings Feelings

Want to take back control over your pattern of reactions to negative emotions? Start by understanding the behavior of feelings and creating...

Success in Yoga Success in Yoga Success in Yoga Success in Yoga

How do you measure success in yoga? We offer three aspects of your practice to consider when trying to answer this question.

Purpose Purpose Purpose Purpose

Often we think of desire as a negative. Learn how to turn your desires into a positive tool for transformation and discover your life's...

Vulnerability Vulnerability Vulnerability Vulnerability

Many of us see our own vulnerability as a weakness, but, if understood, it can be one of our greatest strengths. Learn how to unlock the...

Silence Silence Silence Silence

Silence is your great ally. Here is what quiet has to offer you and how to make friends with silence.

The Five Natural Elements The Five Natural Elements The Five Natural Elements The Five Natural Elements

Learn how you can better understand yourself and the natural world around you through yoga.