Ashtanga

Latest Ashtanga Articles

• Yoga

Me and My Many Yoga Days

There are as many types of yoga as there are sides to you. Our team writer and yoga instructor, Jade Garratt, shares her experience getting to know yoga and herself.

By: Jade Lizzie | Yoga teacher, writer and health and wellness geek.

• Philosophy

The 5 Yamas According to Patanjali

Patanjali laid out the five yamas to abide by: ahimsa, satya, asteya, brahmacharya and aparigraha. Learn the five yamas, or behavioral observances, set forth by Patanjali in the Yoga Sutras and how then can help deepen your yoga practice.

By: Aimee Hughes

• Yoga

How to Hold Proper Chaturanga Alignment

Proper alignment is crucial to preventing injury in yoga and even more so when practicing chaturanga dandasana. Learn about common misalignment and how to correct them in this comprehensive look at chaturanga.

By: Alina Prax | Editor/Writer

• Philosophy

The Foundation of The Yoga Sutras

The Yoga Sutras came about as a code of conduct for how to practice yoga during a time when there were a lot of different rituals and rules regarding the attainment of enlightenment. We know it was comprised thousands of years ago by Patanjali.

By: Ashley Josephine | Private Yoga Instructor for busy women.

• Self

How 500 Hours of Yoga Teacher Training Changed Me

500 hours of yoga teacher training changed Yogapedia contributor Jade Lizzie's life. Her personal account of coming to yoga with an injured back to holding workshops worldwide illustrates the transformative powers yoga can have.

By: Jade Lizzie | Yoga teacher, writer and health and wellness geek.

• Yoga

A Journey Through The 8 Limbs of Yoga

The 8 limbs of Ashtanga yoga are a treasure trove of wisdom set forth by Patanjali in his famous Yoga Sutras. Learn the meaning of the each limb and how they can enrich your yoga practice and further you along your spiritual path.

By: Aimee Hughes

Subscribe To the Yogapedia Newsletter!

Get the best of Yogapedia delivered to your inbox. Join one of our email newsletters. It's fast and easy.

Resources

Connect with us

• Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
Go back to top