What is Wheel Pose?
Wheel pose, or chakrasana, is a challenging and deep backbend. With the feet and hands pushing against the floor, the navel reaches toward the sky. Wheel pose requires both strength and spinal flexibility.
- Lie on your back and bend your knees so that your feet are flat on the floor near your bottom.
- Inhale and reach your arms up. Bend your elbows and place your hands on either side of your head.
- Push into your hands, lift your hips, and gently rest on the top of your head with an inhale.
- Straighten your arms and lift your navel toward the sky with an exhale.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Avoid if you have weak wrists and back.
Benefits of Wheel Pose
- Strengthens the arms and legs
- Develops spinal flexibility
- Opens the chest
- Increases energy
Wheel Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)
- Pose Type
- Backbends, Chest Openers, Strength