What is Mountain Pose?
Mountain pose, or tadasana, is yoga's foundational standing posture. Many asana sequences begin and end with this pose. The feet are usually together and the arms rest alongside the body while the head reaches upward.
- Stand with your feet together and rest your arms by your sides.
- Lengthen your spine with an inhale by reaching the crown of your head toward the sky.
- Point your tailbone toward the floor and draw your shoulders back with an exhale.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Use caution if you have low blood pressure
Benefits of Mountain Pose
- Develops balance between left and right sides of the body
- Promotes good posture
- Increases body and mind awareness
Mountain Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Yoga Type
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)