Half Frog Pose
What is Half Frog Pose?
Half frog pose, or ardha bhekasana in Sanskrit, is usually used to stretch the quadriceps and deep hip flexors. From a prone position, one foot is held near the buttocks while the yogi supports their uplifted torso with their other arm.
- Lie on the belly with the forearms on the floor and parallel.
- Exhale and bend the right foot in toward the buttocks. Hold the foot with the right hand, fingers pointing forward and elbow toward the sky.
- To deepen the posture, straighten the left arm.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Avoid if there is knee or low back injury
Benefits of Half Frog Pose
- Opens the groin, hips, thighs and chest
- Improves digestion
Half Frog Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Ardha Bhekasana
- ard-ha BAY-KAH-sah-nah
- Pose Level
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)
- Pose Type
- Backbends, Chest Openers, Hip Openers