What is Eagle Pose?
Eagle pose, or garudasana in Sanskrit, is a standing balancing posture that requires focus over flexibility. Balancing on one foot, the opposite foot wraps behind the calf. The arms are also intertwined with the palms touching.
- From a standing position, exhale and wrap the right leg over the left, knees slightly bent. Hook the right foot behind the left calf.
- Exhale and bring the right forearm under the left.
- Touch the palms together.
- Breathe while balancing in the pose.
- Use the wall as support, if needed
Benefits of Eagle Pose
- Improves balance
- Develops focus and concentration
- Improves joint flexibility
Eagle Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)
- Pose Type
- Balancing, Binds, Standing Poses