What is Cobra Pose?
Cobra pose, or bhujangasana, is a beginner's backbend that builds spinal flexibility. In this posture, the hands are pushed into the floor to lift the head and torso while the legs stay elongated.
- Lie on your stomach with your feet as wide as your hips and your hands next to your chest, fingers spread wide.
- With an inhale, push into your hands to lift your head and torso, keeping your pelvis on the floor.
- Bend your elbows slightly to open up your shoulders.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Avoid if you have a hernia
Benefits of Cobra Pose
- Improves spinal flexibility
- Relieves backache
- Stimulates appetite
- Supports a healthy reproductive system
- Encourages deep breathing
Cobra Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Yoga Type
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)