What is Boat Pose?
Navasana is a seated yoga asana that requires core strength to hold the body in a "V" shape. Navasana forms part of the primary series of Ashtanga yoga and is popular in a range of styles of yoga because of its physical and mental benefits.
- Sit with your legs straight ahead
- Lift through the sternum, and lean back slightly while engaging your abdomen
- Draw your knees in toward your chest, balancing on your sit bones
- Then slowly lengthen your legs until you are resting on your sit bones and your body makes a V shape
- Lengthen your arms ahead of you until your arms are straight and paralell to the floor
- Strengthens the hip flexors, spine, and abdomen
- Improves digestion
- Stimulates the thyroid and kidneys
Boat Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Yoga Type
- Ashtanga Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Power Yoga
- Padayoragre (Tip of the toes)