What is Locust Pose?
Locust pose, or salabhasana, is a back-strengthening posture. From a prone position, the feet, legs, head and chest are lifted upward using the strength of the back.
- Lie on your belly with your legs together.
- Bring your arms by your sides, palms facing up.
- Lift your feet, legs, head and chest with an inhale.
- Stretch your head and toes away from each other.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Avoid if you have heart conditions and/or high blood pressure
Benefits of Locust Pose
- Strengthens the back, legs and arms
- Improves digestion
- Relieves back pain
- Invigorates the mind
Locust Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Yoga Type
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)