What is Bow Pose?
Bow pose, or dhanurasana, is a beginner's backbend that stretches the entire front of the body. The body forms a bow shape by connecting the hands and feet while lying on the belly.
- Lie on your stomach with your forehead resting on the floor.
- Bend your knees with an exhale and clasp the outsides of your ankles.
- Inhale as you kick your feet away from you and lift your head and chest from the floor.
- Breathe as you hold the pose.
- Avoid if you have high blood pressure or a hernia
Benefits of Bow Pose
- Improves digestion
- Improves functioning of reproductive organs
- Relieves constipation
- Increases circulation
- Corrects posture
- Invigorates the mind
- Relieves fatigue
Bow Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Yoga Type
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)