Warrior One Forward Bend
What is Warrior One Forward Bend?
In this variation of warrior one pose, or virabhadrasana in Sanskrit, the torso, arms, and back leg are in one diagonal line. Warrior one forward bend provides extra strengthening for the core and arms and gives a deeper stretch to the hamstrings.
- Begin in warrior one with the torso upright, arms reaching toward the sky.
- Exhale and lean forward, bringing the torso, arms and back leg in one diagonal line. Gaze diagonally downward.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Inhale and return to the starting position. Change sides.
- Avoid if there is knee, back or hip injury.
Benefits of Warrior One Forward Bend
- Increases focus and concentration
- Energizes body and mind
- Strengthens the legs, feet, ankles, shoulders, arms and neck
- Stretches the entire back body
- Stretches the legs, arms, shoulders and hips
Warrior One Forward Bend Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Virabhadrasana 1
- Pose Level
- Bhrumadhye (Third Eye)
- Pose Type
- Core, Hip Openers, Standing Poses, Strength
Subscribe and get the stories about the greater change that comes from yoga.