What is Tree Pose?
Tree pose, or vrksasana, is a standing balancing posture. With one foot anchored firmly on the ground, the other rests on the opposite inner thigh. The hands reach toward the sky.
- Stand with your feet together.
- Inhale and lift your right foot, resting it on the inside of your left thigh.
- Once you find your balance, reach both arms toward the sky with an inhale and bring your palms together.
- Focus your gaze straight ahead.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Do not rest the foot against the knee.
Benefits of Tree Pose
- Tones the legs
- Lengthens the spine
- Improves balance
- Develops concentration
Tree Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)
- Pose Type
- Balancing, Standing Poses