What is Thunderbolt Pose?
Thunderbolt pose, or vajrasana, is an important beginner's meditation posture. With the legs folded under the sit bones, the back is effortlessly straightened.
- Kneel with your knees together.
- Sit back on your heels with an exhale, allowing your toes to touch and heels to widen.
- Rest your palms on your thighs.
- Close your eyes and breathe while holding the pose.
- Avoid if you have a knee injury
Benefits of Thunderbolt Pose
- Improves digestion
- Relieves menstrual dicomforts
- Activates prana in sushumna nadi
- Redirects sexual energy for meditation purposes
Thunderbolt Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Yoga Type
- Bhrumadhye (Third Eye)