What is Star Pose?
Star pose, or utthita tadasana, is also referred to as extended hands and feet pose. From a standing position, the feet and hands are spread wide while the torso stays upright.
- From standing, exhale and step your feet wide.
- Inhale and bring your arms to shoulder height, stretching your hands out to either side of the body.
- Gaze forward and breathe while holding the pose.
- No known cautions.
Benefits of Star Pose
- Strengthens the arms and legs
- Expands the lungs
- Develops focus and concentration
- Improves balance
Star Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Utthita Tadasana
- oot-tee-tah TAHD-AH-sah-nah
- Pose Level
- Yoga Type
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)