What is Ragdoll Pose?
Ragdoll pose is a variation of uttanasana, or standing forward bend. Here, the yogi clasps opposite elbows, bends the knees and allows the head to hang. The pose releases the low back and revitalizes the mind.
- Begin standing with the feet hip distance wide.
- Bend the knees slightly, exhale and bend at the hips.
- Clasp opposite elbows and allow the head to hang. Shift the bodyweight forward.
- Hold here or slowly sway side to side.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Inhale and return to standing.
- Avoid if there is back or neck injury.
Benefits of Ragdoll Pose
- Releases tension in the lower back
- Relaxes muscles in the neck and shoulders
- Relieves stress and calms the mind
- Lengthens the spine
- Helps to drain the sinuses
- May ease lower back and neck pain
- Improves digestion
Ragdoll Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Bhrumadhye (Third Eye)
- Pose Type
- Balancing, Forward Bends, Inversions, Standing Poses