Pose Dedicated to Sage Koundinya B
What is Pose Dedicated to Sage Koundinya B?
Pose Dedicated to Sage Koundinya B, or koundinyasana B (and sometimes eka pada koundinyasana II) in Sanskrit, is an advanced arm balance that improves focus and strength. It is similar to Pose Dedicated to Sage Koundinya A, except here the top leg reaches to the side and there is no twisting action.
- Begin in downward facing dog.
- Exhale and shift the torso forward, bending the elbows back. Place the left thigh on the back of the left upper arm, leg straight and reaching to the left.
- Inhale and lift the right foot from the floor. Reach the leg straight back.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Exhale and lower. Change sides.
- Avoid if there is wrist, shoulder or low back injury
Benefits of Pose Dedicated to Sage Koundinya B
- Improves core strength
- Strengthens the arms and wrists
- Stimulates the abdominal organs
- Develops focus and concentration
Pose Dedicated to Sage Koundinya B Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Koundinyasana B
- cown-din-YAH-sah-nah B
- Pose Level
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)
- Pose Type
- Arm Balances, Balancing, Core