Pose Dedicated to Sage Koundinya A
What is Pose Dedicated to Sage Koundinya A?
Pose Dedicated to Sage Koundinya A, or koundinyasana A (and sometimes eka pada koundinyasana I) in Sanskrit, is a challening arm balance and twisting pose. The practitioner uses core strength to balance on his hands, one leg twisting underneath the torso to the side and the other leg reaching straight back.
- Begin squatting.
- Exhale and twist the torso to the left. Place the hands on the floor beside the left leg. Bend the elbows.
- Shift forward and rest the left thigh on the right upper arm. Stack the right leg above it.
- Inhale and reach the right leg back.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Inhale and bring the legs together. Exhale and lower them to the floor. Change sides.
- Avoid if there is carpal tunnel syndrome or wrist injury
Benefits of Pose Dedicated to Sage Koundinya A
- Massages the abdominal organs
- Improves digestion and metabolism
- Strengthens the spine, arms and wrists
- Increases core strength
- Regenerates and rejuvenates the spine
Pose Dedicated to Sage Koundinya A Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Koundinyasana A
- cown-din-YAH-sah-nah A
- Pose Level
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)
- Pose Type
- Arm Balances, Balancing, Core, Strength, Twists