What is Plow Pose?
Plow pose, or halasana, usually follows shoulder stand pose. With the shoulders and head on the ground and hands supporting the back, the feet are lowered to the floor.
- Begin on your back.
- Inhale and lift your legs toward the sky, then support your back with your hands.
- Exhale and lower your legs, resting your toes on the floor.
- If your feet touch the floor, place your arms on the ground, palms down.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Avoid if you have a back injury, sciatica or a hernia.
Benefits of Plow Pose
- Improves spinal flexibility
- Improves digestion
- Regulates thyroid function
- Calms the nervous system
Plow Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Yoga Type
- Nabhichakra (Navel)