What is Hare Pose?
Hare pose, or shashankasana in Sanskrit, is a dynamic pose that can relieve backache by strengthening and stretching the back. From thunderbolt pose, the practitioner reaches their arms up before folding forward. The movement is repeated for up to several minutes.
- Begin in the thunderbolt pose.
- Inhale and reach the arms up.
- Exhale and bend forward from the hips, bringing the forehead and arms to the floor.
- Pause, then inhale and reach up.
- Repeat this movement slowly and in tune with the breath.
- Avoid if there is high blood pressure or slipped disc
Benefits of Hare Pose
- Stretches and strengthens the back
- Releases pressure on the spinal discs
- Relieves constipation
- Improves reproductive health
- Refreshes the mind
- Relieves fatigue
Hare Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)
- Pose Type
- Forward Bends, Seated Poses