Happy Baby Pose
What is Happy Baby Pose?
Happy baby pose, or ananda balasana in Sanskrit, is a reclining pose that's often practiced at the end of vinyasa sequences. The pose is used for relaxation and to gently stretch the back and hips. While on the back, the knees are bent toward the chest. The hands clasp the feet and gently pull them toward the floor.
- From a supine position, exhale and bend the knees toward the chest.
- Hold the outsides of the feet and let the knees open to the sides.
- Exhale and gently pull the feet down while pushing the feet toward the hands.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Avoid if there is a neck injury
Benefits of Happy Baby Pose
- Opens the hips
- Stretches the groins
- Relieves tension in the low back
- Realigns the spine
- Relaxes the mind
Happy Baby Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Yoga Type
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)