Half Moon Pose
What is Half Moon Pose?
Half moon pose, or ardha chandrasana, is both a standing and balancing posture. With one foot rooted firmly to the ground, the other lifts toward the sky. The hands do the same; one hand rests on the ground while the other lifts toward the sky. The pose develops focus and concentration.
- Begin in warrior two pose with the right leg forward.
- Exhale and place your right hand's fingertips on the ground in front of your right foot.
- Inhale and lift your left leg toward the sky. Then lift your left hand toward the sky.
- Breathe normally while balancing in the pose.
- Avoid if you have low blood pressure.
Benefits of Half Moon Pose
- Strengthens the legs and core
- Develops focus and concentration
- Improves body awareness
Half Moon Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Ardha Chandrasana
- ard-ha chahn-DRAH-sah-nah
- Pose Level
- Yoga Type
- Urdhva (Toward the sky)