What is Gracious Pose?
Gracious pose, or bhadrasana, is a seated posture that's used for meditation. From a kneeling position with the toes together, the knees are opened wide. Then, the practitioner can carefully sit back onto the heels and rest the hands on the knees. This pose stretches and opens the hips, lengthens the spine and promotes a sense of calm.
- Sit back on your heels and bring your toes to touch.
- Inhale and open your knees to the sides. Extend the crown of your head upward.
- Rest your hands on your thighs. Close your eyes.
- Breathe normally while holding the pose.
- Avoid if you have a knee injury.
Benefits of Gracious Pose
- Calms the mind
- Stretches the thighs, ankles and feet
Gracious Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Bhrumadhye (Third Eye)
- Pose Type
- Hip Openers, Seated Poses