Dolphin Plank Pose
Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana
What is Dolphin Plank Pose?
Dolphin plank pose, or makara adho mukha svanasana in Sanskrit, is a core-strengthening pose that alleviates weight on the wrists. In its full expression, the body is in one diagonal line with the forearms and balls of the feet on the floor.
- Start on all fours.
- Lower the forearms to the floor with an exhale.
- Spread the fingers.
- Walk the feet back with an inhale so that the body is in one diagonal line.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Lower your knees to the floor if needed
Benefits of Dolphin Plank Pose
- Strengthens the core
- Strengthens the arms and shoulders
Dolphin Plank Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana
- MAH-kar-ah ah-doh moo-kuh SVAH-NAH-sah-nah
- Pose Level
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)
- Pose Type
- Core, Strength