What is Crane Pose?
Crane pose, or bakasana in Sanskrit, is a challenging arm balance. It is more advanced than crow pose as it requires greater strength in the arms. The practitioner balances on straightened arms, knees pressed against the upper arms and toes touching.
- From a squat, place the hands on the floor in between the feet.
- Squeeze the upper arms with the knees.
- Exhale and lean forward, lifting the toes from the floor. Straighten the arms.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Avoid if there is wrist or shoulder injury
Benefits of Crane Pose
- Strengthens the core
- Strengthens the arms and wrists
- Develops focus and concentration
- Improves balance
Crane Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Yoga Type
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)