What is Butterfly Pose?
Butterfly pose, or baddha konasana, is also referred to as bound angle or cobbler's pose. From a seated posture, the soles of the feet are brought to touch as the knees relax toward the floor. It's a helpful pose for urinary and women's reproductive health.
- Sit with your legs stretched in front of you.
- Exhale and bring the soles of your feet together and toward your pelvis. Lightly grasp the outsides of your feet.
- Let your knees relax toward the floor.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- No known cautions.
Benefits of Butterfly Pose
- Opens the hips
- Relieves urinary disorders
- Relieves sciatica
- Promotes female reproductive health
- Calms the mind
Butterfly Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Baddha Konasana
- bah-dha ko-NAH-sah-nah
- Pose Level
- Nasagre (Tip of the nose)
- Pose Type
- Binds, Hip Openers, Seated Poses