Balancing Butterfly Pose
What is Balancing Butterfly Pose?
Balancing butterfly pose is a variation of malasana, or garland pose. Here, the yogi balances on the toes with the hands in prayer. The pose stretches the feet and develops both strength and balance.
- Begin standing with the feet together.
- Exhale and lower into a squat.
- Place the fingertips on the floor in front of the feet to find stability. Open the knees wide and lift onto the toes, bringing the balls of the feet and heels to touch.
- Slowly bring the hands to prayer in front of the chest and then toward the sky.
- Breathe while holding the pose.
- Place the fingertips on the floor, bring the knees together, and inhale to stand.
- Avoid if there is knee or ankle injury.
Benefits of Balancing Butterfly Pose
- Stretches the feet
- Opens the hips
- Develops balance
- Strengthens the core
Balancing Butterfly Pose Details
- Sanskrit Name
- Pose Level
- Bhrumadhye (Third Eye)
- Pose Type
- Balancing, Core, Hip Openers, Standing Poses, Strength