Vinyasa

8 Benefits of Daily Surya Namaskara 8 Benefits of Daily Surya Namaskara 8 Benefits of Daily Surya Namaskara 8 Benefits of Daily Surya Namaskara

Why do yogis salute the sun every morning? Learn about these 8 health benefits associated with practicing surya namaskara on a daily basis,...

How to Hold Proper Chaturanga Alignment How to Hold Proper Chaturanga Alignment How to Hold Proper Chaturanga Alignment How to Hold Proper Chaturanga Alignment

Proper alignment is crucial to preventing injury in yoga and even more so when practicing chaturanga dandasana. Learn about common...

How 500 Hours of Yoga Teacher Training Changed Me How 500 Hours of Yoga Teacher Training Changed Me How 500 Hours of Yoga Teacher Training Changed Me How 500 Hours of Yoga Teacher Training Changed Me

500 hours of yoga teacher training changed Yogapedia contributor Jade Lizzie's life. Her personal account of coming to yoga with an injured...

The Power of Vinyasa The Power of Vinyasa The Power of Vinyasa The Power of Vinyasa

Vinyasa yoga is a type of practice where the emphasis is placed on the flowing movements between asanas. Learn how this practice can teach...

The Founder of Ashtanga Yoga The Founder of Ashtanga Yoga The Founder of Ashtanga Yoga The Founder of Ashtanga Yoga

Ashtanga yoga is a system of yoga asana practice developed and popularized by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois in the 1940s. This highly structured and...

Fundamental Yoga Sequence for Beginners Fundamental Yoga Sequence for Beginners Fundamental Yoga Sequence for Beginners Fundamental Yoga Sequence for Beginners

Getting into the right flow is easier with some guidance. Here is a recommended basic sequence of asanas for beginners (and for yogis of...

Your Go-To Yoga Sequence for Days You Only Have 10 Minutes or Less Your Go-To Yoga Sequence for Days You Only Have 10 Minutes or Less Your Go-To Yoga Sequence for Days You Only Have 10 Minutes or Less Your Go-To Yoga Sequence for Days You Only Have 10 Minutes or Less

Only have 10 minutes to play with? Here’s a short and sweet sequence to get your energy moving. It’s perfect for first thing in the morning...

Wake Up and Salute the Sun Wake Up and Salute the Sun Wake Up and Salute the Sun Wake Up and Salute the Sun

Each day presents a new beginning. Rising with the sun reminds us of that opportunity and deepens our connection with the world. Learn why...

Cultivating Power in Your Practice With Warrior Two Pose Cultivating Power in Your Practice With Warrior Two Pose Cultivating Power in Your Practice With Warrior Two Pose Cultivating Power in Your Practice With Warrior Two Pose

Practicing warrior two pose builds both physical and mental strength. Learn how to invoke your inner warrior and master your life goals.

Unlocking the Stress in Your Body Unlocking the Stress in Your Body Unlocking the Stress in Your Body Unlocking the Stress in Your Body

Tense shoulders, clenched jaw, chest pain: these are all signs of stress in the body. Learn how to let go of habitual patterns that keep...

Here Comes the Sun: Salute Its Life-Giving Glory With This Surya Namaskara Series Here Comes the Sun: Salute Its Life-Giving Glory With This Surya Namaskara Series Here Comes the Sun: Salute Its Life-Giving Glory With This Surya Namaskara Series Here Comes the Sun: Salute Its Life-Giving Glory With This Surya Namaskara Series

Surya Namaskara (Sun Salutation) is a fundamental routine and forms the core of nearly every yoga practice. Learn how to perform the...

Me and My Many Yoga Days Me and My Many Yoga Days Me and My Many Yoga Days Me and My Many Yoga Days

There are as many types of yoga as there are sides to you. Our team writer and yoga instructor, Jade Garratt, shares her experience getting...

Top 4 Yoga Poses Top 4 Yoga Poses Top 4 Yoga Poses Top 4 Yoga Poses

Ever wonder what the most popular yoga poses are? Read on to find out...Hint, one has branches and sways in the wind.