Perspectives

Yoga Lessons Yoga Lessons Yoga Lessons Yoga Lessons

The lessons we learn from our yoga practice are powerful ones that can change the way we perceive our lives and the challenges we face....

Arundhati Baitmangalkar Arundhati Baitmangalkar Arundhati Baitmangalkar Arundhati Baitmangalkar

Yogapedia interviewed former Bollywood dancer and founder of Aham Yoga, Arundhati Baitmangalkar, about her blog and what makes it unique....

Peace Peace Peace Peace

Explore popular perspectives on how personal desires take us away from peace, and why peace is the only aspiration we should have in this...

Reality Reality Reality Reality

Explore the concepts of Brahman and maya, as well as how yoga can be used as a tool to lift the veil of reality.

Mother Nature Mother Nature Mother Nature Mother Nature

Take a look at how understanding the qualities of each of nature’s elements — earth, water, fire and air — can help us create more balance...

Yoga Teacher Yoga Teacher Yoga Teacher Yoga Teacher

It's normal to have doubts if you're new to teaching yoga. Here are five common ones addressed from a rational, positive perspective by a...

Yoga Yoga Yoga Yoga

Modern-day mystic, spiritual guide and yogini, Vivianne Nantel, explains the science of yoga, how it arrived to Earth and the West, and...

How Practicing Yoga With an Injury Has Made Me a Better Teacher How Practicing Yoga With an Injury Has Made Me a Better Teacher How Practicing Yoga With an Injury Has Made Me a Better Teacher How Practicing Yoga With an Injury Has Made Me a Better Teacher

Being a yoga teacher with an injury can be difficult, but there is a way to learn a lot from it. Here are five lessons that I've come to...

Adam Hocke Adam Hocke Adam Hocke Adam Hocke

Yogapedia interviewed yoga teacher, trainer and blogger, Adam Hocke. Here's what he had to say about yoga and what makes his blog unique.

Anger Anger Anger Anger

From a yogic perspective, anger arises as a result of attachment to unfulfilled desires. Here's how to be more present with anger and...

Yoga and Instagram Yoga and Instagram Yoga and Instagram Yoga and Instagram

Here's how Instagram is challenging long-standing stereotypes about yoga and yogis, and how a new age of yoga is emerging through its...

A Tale of Unexpectedly Unplugging, Freaking Out and, Finally, Reconnecting With My Inner Wisdom A Tale of Unexpectedly Unplugging, Freaking Out and, Finally, Reconnecting With My Inner Wisdom A Tale of Unexpectedly Unplugging, Freaking Out and, Finally, Reconnecting With My Inner Wisdom A Tale of Unexpectedly Unplugging, Freaking Out and, Finally, Reconnecting With My Inner Wisdom

For the modern yogi, unplugging from technology can be a challenge. Find out how one of Yogapedia's editors managed to do it and live to...

Spiritual Growth Spiritual Growth Spiritual Growth Spiritual Growth

Growing on the spiritual path can sometimes be a messy (or muddy) endeavor, but here are insights and practices to help you keep the faith...

The Freedom in Letting Go The Freedom in Letting Go The Freedom in Letting Go The Freedom in Letting Go

Letting go can be a challenge, especially if what we are trying to let go of is painful. Learn about the benefits of surrender and finding...

Contemplation Contemplation Contemplation Contemplation

Explore curiosity, questioning and contemplation. And get practical advice on how to connect with your innate inquisitiveness.

Success in Yoga Success in Yoga Success in Yoga Success in Yoga

How do you measure success in yoga? We offer three aspects of your practice to consider when trying to answer this question.

Vulnerability Vulnerability Vulnerability Vulnerability

Many of us see our own vulnerability as a weakness, but, if understood, it can be one of our greatest strengths. Learn how to unlock the...

Inner Strength Inner Strength Inner Strength Inner Strength

Learn how to move past the fear of failure and tap into the joy of the moment with this example from Ashtanga yoga's primary series.

Ego Ego Ego Ego

Judgment and guilt are just a couple of signs that our ego has taken over. Learn how to confront your ego and take back control of your...