Yoga Types

Lights Out: 3 Benefits to Practicing Yoga in the Dark This Fall Season Lights Out: 3 Benefits to Practicing Yoga in the Dark This Fall Season Lights Out: 3 Benefits to Practicing Yoga in the Dark This Fall Season Lights Out: 3 Benefits to Practicing Yoga in the Dark This Fall Season

You've heard of dining in the dark -- practicing yoga in the dark offers the same affect on the senses, but includes bonus self-improvement...

The Power of Vinyasa The Power of Vinyasa The Power of Vinyasa The Power of Vinyasa

Vinyasa yoga is a type of practice where the emphasis is placed on the flowing movements between asanas. Learn how this practice can teach...

Kriyas and Kundalini: What Beginners Need to Know About These Ancient Yoga Techniques Kriyas and Kundalini: What Beginners Need to Know About These Ancient Yoga Techniques Kriyas and Kundalini: What Beginners Need to Know About These Ancient Yoga Techniques Kriyas and Kundalini: What Beginners Need to Know About These Ancient Yoga Techniques

Kriyas are most often associated with kundalini energy and offering a multitude of health benefits, but should be approached with care and...

The History of Hatha Yoga The History of Hatha Yoga The History of Hatha Yoga The History of Hatha Yoga

Hatha yoga has been around for 10,000 years - passed down from word of mouth and then ancient texts. Learn more about this once mysterious...

Iyengar Iyengar Iyengar Iyengar

Explore more about this style of yoga, its founder and what the practice is like, through quotes by B.K.S. and personal insights from...

Kriya Yoga Kriya Yoga Kriya Yoga Kriya Yoga

Discover what Kriya yoga is, its history, as well as what a typical Kriya yoga practice is like should you feel drawn to this yogic path of...

Yoga & Relaxation: 3 Practices to Reset & Restore Yoga & Relaxation: 3 Practices to Reset & Restore Yoga & Relaxation: 3 Practices to Reset & Restore Yoga & Relaxation: 3 Practices to Reset & Restore

Stress and tension are all too common in today's society. If you're feeling overworked, over-tired or overwhelmed, try these 3 yogic...

Vinyasa Vinyasa Vinyasa Vinyasa

Also known as Flow yoga, Vinyasa yoga is a dynamic flowing style that increases your strength, flexibility and balance. Explore more of...

Yoga for Everyone: The Top Organizations Making Yoga Accessible for Every Body Yoga for Everyone: The Top Organizations Making Yoga Accessible for Every Body Yoga for Everyone: The Top Organizations Making Yoga Accessible for Every Body Yoga for Everyone: The Top Organizations Making Yoga Accessible for Every Body

How accessible is mainstream yoga for people with disabilities, health conditions or impairments? Here's a look at some of the top...

A Vinyasa Sequence for Beginners A Vinyasa Sequence for Beginners A Vinyasa Sequence for Beginners A Vinyasa Sequence for Beginners

Want to try a Vinyasa yoga class but aren't sure where to start? Try this easy beginner sequence.

A Tantra Yoga Interpretation and What to Expect From This Profound Practice A Tantra Yoga Interpretation and What to Expect From This Profound Practice A Tantra Yoga Interpretation and What to Expect From This Profound Practice A Tantra Yoga Interpretation and What to Expect From This Profound Practice

Often misunderstood and mistakenly sexualized, Tantra is a beautifully ethereal and complex idea with never-ending interpretations. Learn...

20 Minutes of Yin Yoga 20 Minutes of Yin Yoga 20 Minutes of Yin Yoga 20 Minutes of Yin Yoga

Practicing Yin yoga can be done in as little as 20 minutes. Explore this quick, yet effective, restorative Yin yoga sequence for a renewed...

Kindle Your Kundalini With This Divinely Energizing Style of Yoga Kindle Your Kundalini With This Divinely Energizing Style of Yoga Kindle Your Kundalini With This Divinely Energizing Style of Yoga Kindle Your Kundalini With This Divinely Energizing Style of Yoga

Kundalini yoga is a style unlike any other, with some elements similar to Hatha yoga and other elements totally different. Learn more about...

Take to the Air: An Introduction to Aerial Yoga Take to the Air: An Introduction to Aerial Yoga Take to the Air: An Introduction to Aerial Yoga Take to the Air: An Introduction to Aerial Yoga

Aerial Yoga combines the yoga you know and love with new gravity-defining challenges. Here's what you can expect from an aerial yoga class...

Me and My Many Yoga Days Me and My Many Yoga Days Me and My Many Yoga Days Me and My Many Yoga Days

There are as many types of yoga as there are sides to you. Our team writer and yoga instructor, Jade Garratt, shares her experience getting...

A Simple Guide to Tantra Yoga: What it Really Is A Simple Guide to Tantra Yoga: What it Really Is A Simple Guide to Tantra Yoga: What it Really Is A Simple Guide to Tantra Yoga: What it Really Is

Tantra Yoga comes with a like of misconceptions. Here's a look at what a tantra really means and what a tantric practice looks like.

Restorative Yoga: What to Expect On and Off the Mat Restorative Yoga: What to Expect On and Off the Mat Restorative Yoga: What to Expect On and Off the Mat Restorative Yoga: What to Expect On and Off the Mat

The purpose of Restorative yoga is to take time out of your busy day to relax and recharge your energy levels. Yogini Jade Garratt explains...

Yin Yoga: 4 Benefits of Surrendering to Your Yoga Mat Yin Yoga: 4 Benefits of Surrendering to Your Yoga Mat Yin Yoga: 4 Benefits of Surrendering to Your Yoga Mat Yin Yoga: 4 Benefits of Surrendering to Your Yoga Mat

In a goal-orientated, success-obsessed culture, Yin yoga provides the answers on how to surrender and why you should even bother.

Yoga Styles Yoga Styles Yoga Styles Yoga Styles

There are many styles of yoga available to the modern-day yogi. Which one is right for you? Learn about 12 of the most popular yoga styles,...