Hand-to-foot forward bend primarily builds flexibility and openness. Specific benefits include:
- Improves blood flow to the legs
- Relieves tightness in the groin
- Stimulates circulation to the spine
- Massages the abdominal organs
- Helps with menstrual issues, liver problems and diabetes
Hand-to-foot forward bend can be modified by placing the hands on the leg that the body is folded over, or using a bolster or cushion to rest upon. This posture should be attempted with caution by those with lower back
or hip issues. Care should be taken to keep the legs straight.