In addition to improving balance, bound
revolved squatting toe balance pose offers the following benefits:
- Strengthens and improves
flexibility in the ankles, toes, knees and thighs
- Stretches the back, shoulders,
arms and waist
- Strengthens the core abdominal
- Improves concentration and focus
- Proves relief for flat feet
- Massages the internal organs,
improving digestion and elimination
- Helps to realign the spine
Bound revolved squatting toe balance
is also believed to ease asthma, menstrual pain and sciatica.
full expression of this pose, the gaze is over the upper shoulder, but those with
neck injuries should keep the gaze straight ahead.
Beginners or those struggling with
balance may practice the non-bound version, revolved squatting toe
balance, with a modified arm position using a yoga block for balance.