Ardha phalakasana is usually incorporated into a sequence with phalakasana (high plank), urdhva mukha svanasana (upward dog), and adho mukha svanasana (downward dog) after a series of standing poses. Ardha phalakasana is used often in vinyasa, ashtanga, and power yoga practices.
The benefits of ardha phalakasana are:
- Stimulates the manipura (solar plexus) chakra
- Fosters self-confidence, inner strength and humility
- Strengthens and tones the abdomen and core
- Strengthens the wrists, arms and shoulders
- Builds strength for advanced arm balances