From a spiritual and mental standpoint,
half prayer twist provides confidence, improves concentration,
reduces stress, calms the mind, and dispels fear and insecurity.
Half prayer twist is also believed to
provide the following physical benefits:
- Increases stamina
- Lengthens and strengthens the
- Tones the back, legs, hips and
- Improves balance and coordination
- Strengthens the quadriceps and
- Strengthens the core muscles
To modify this pose, the gaze may be kept forward or down to
avoid twisting the neck. For the full version of prayer twist, the toes of the back foot curl under and the knee is lifted off the ground as the back leg straightens.