Much like ustrasana, half camel is an excellent pose for stretching and strengthening the entire back of the body. It is also a powerful heart opener and, as such, helps to open the heart chakra.
Additonal benefits of half camel pose include:
- Opens the chest and upper body
- Stretches the arms and shoulders
- Stimulates the digestive and respiratory systems
- Strengthens and stretches the back muscles
- Stimulates the thyroid
- Aids digestion while toning core muscles
For those with knee pain, a folded yoga mat or blanket under the knees is recommended.