Ardha chandra chapasana activates the manipura (solar plexus) chakra which is responsible for self-esteem, self-worth, identity and life purpose.
Preparatory poses for this asana include downward-facing dog pose, half moon pose and bound side angle pose.
The benefits to this asana include:
- Activates the manipura chakra
- Increases self-esteem and self-worth
- Promotes a sense of inner freedom
- Improve balance and mental focus
- Opens the chest
- Tones the legs and back of the body
- Improves digestion
- Helps regulate metabolism
- Stretches and strengthens the legs, spine, arms and core