Like many balancing asanas, sugarcane pose can be challenging as it requires increased focus. Since sugarcane pose has the added support of a hand on the floor, it makes it a particulartly good asana to explore letting go of personal expectations and bringing more sukha (sweetness) and less shtira (striving) into the practice.
The additional benefits of this pose include:
- Opens the chest and heart
- Improves balance and focus
- Increases self-esteem
- Strengthens arms and legs
- Strengthens the back of the body and spine
- Stretches the thighs and knees