To modify and stabilize while attempting this pose, use a yoga block under the bottom hand for additional support. To deepen the challenge, lift the bottom hand up off the floor and place into half prayer pose at the chest.
Benefits of this pose include:
- Strengthens the legs and back
- Stretches the shoulders and upper back
- Stretches the hamstrings and legs
- Opens the chest
- Massages internal organs
- Improves digestion
- Eliminates toxins
- Supports metabolic function
- Increases balance and stability
Yogis with neck pain can modify this asana by keeping the gaze straight ahead.