Revolved chair pose is considered very beneficial for the physical body in a number of ways:
- Stretches the lower back
- Strengthens the hip flexors, quadriceps and adductor muscles
- Opens the shoulders, upper back and chest
- Strengthens and stretches the calves
- Improves proprioception in the feet
- Stimulates the abdominal organs and heart
Some people believe that the stimulation of the organs can also aid the body’s natural detoxification process.
To modify this posture, place a folded blanket beneath the heels or between the legs. It is important to keep the knees together and the hips facing forward.