Wild thing pose can be quite challenging for beginners. With more practice, the pose can be held on to 10 breaths.
The benefits of wild thing pose include:
- Opens the hips
- Stretches the chest, throat and back
- Expands the shoulders
- Energizes the body
- Improves the spine's flexibility
- Strengthens arms, wrists, shoulders and back
- Boosts lung performance
- Promotes blood circulation
- Recommended for mild depression
- Promotes sense of calm
Those with injuries in the wrist, shoulder, hip, back and/or spine should refrain from practicing this pose.