Bound lotus pose promotes well-being on both the physical and psychological levels.
On the physical level, it has the following benefits:
- Improves flexibility and endurance levels
- Opens the shoulders and hips
- Stretches the spine
- Strengthens the nervous system
- Alleviates pain in the back and shoulders
- Cures sciatic conditions
- Supports kidney function
- Improves digestion
- Aids in treating premenstrual symptoms
On the psychological level, bound lotus pose has the following benefits:
- Aids in releasing negative emotions
- Improves focus
- Promotes one's commitment to goals and aspirations
While bound lotus pose offers amazing health benefits, it should not be practiced by those with severe ankle or knee injuries.